Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Resident Evil 5 Demo Review


I finally got a chance to try out the Resident Evil 5 demo last night, and its pretty much exactly what I expected. I liked RE4 quite a bit, and this seems like it won’t disappoint. The graphics are beautiful, and the controls were fine. It just took me a minute to get used to their level of responsiveness. It feels sluggish at first, but it fits with the pace of the game. I can’t really fault it just because I’m used to twitchier games.

I don’t know how I’m going to feel about having a partner throughout the whole game. I find the amount of noise that the pair make together kind of annoying. It seems like every piece of gear they have makes its own clunking or clanking sound every time I take a step, and it makes me feel like there’s constantly somebody behind me who shouldn’t be there. I guess that’s a good thing, considering its a survival horror game.

Anyway, if you liked RE4 and haven’t tried it out yet, give it a shot because it looks like its going to be a worthy successor to one of my favorite games of all time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com